QR (quick response) code was created by a Japanese company Denso Wave, back in 1994. Since then, it is used by thousands of different brands and companies worldwide. This amazing technique popularized the ability for people to seamlessly transfer massive pieces of information and content with the click of a button. Now, with businesses seeking a digitally effective way to connect with their target audiences more than ever, the popularity of the QR code is growing exponentially.
The COVID-19 pandemic has necessitated a safe, touch-free experience to limit contact from one another to curb the spread of the virus. With several health organizations encouraging a switch to disposable print materials, QR Codes are the perfect alternative to bypass print sensitivity, give users the option to scan the QR code ,and explore your content from the comfort of their own device.So, if you’re looking for a way to modernize the way customers engage with your company, DCatalog recommends jumping on this strategy to stay relevant and keep up with the always changing marketplace. Not only is the QR code easy to use, but it is favored across all age groups and can be leveraged to increase brand awareness, drive traffic to your website, and increase ROI. So, what are you waiting for? Keep reading to learn how QR Codes can directly impact your business.
Here are 5 reasons why a QR Code is useful for your content:
1. Scanning QR codes is second nature for consumers – Consumers are comfortable scanning their phones over the code to gain information.
Target customers can learn more information about your company by doing what they do best, using their mobile device. With a simple click of a button, consumers can pull up information about how to contact sales reps’, shop your products, or browse through a lookbook. Seems like a pretty nifty way to drive more traffic to your sales material!
2. QR codes curate the shopping experience – Direct your consumers to your online catalog where they can view all your content. QR codes for your content also help analyze engagement and conversion rates.
By scanning a QR code to view your digital catalogs, consumers’ activity is more trackable. Not only does the quick response help to generate more sales, but it’s a smart marketing tool to analyze how specific pieces of content are performing to help your company gain valuable metrics for future content.
3. QR codes on printed materials are essential in 2020 – Before the pandemic, QR codes were a great way to add additional information. In a Covid-19 world, QR codes are essential for users to avoid excess touching.
A plethora of companies are shifting focus from a print strategy to a digital one and the QR code is a great way to bridge the gap. Rather than completely ditching the printed material your loyal customers appreciate, include a QR code on your content and give them both options to explore the PDF’s physically or in the comfort of their own devices. It’s really a win-win for everyone!
4. QR codes are cost-effective and easy to utilize – Simply log into your account to generate the QR code and copy/paste/download it to use.
Even though a QR code has been revolutionary, you don’t have to be tech-savvy to reap the benefits of this strategy. In the DCatalog platform, you can generate a QR with every piece of content you publish within seconds. It’s as easy as clicking the “generate” button.
5. QR codes are for everyone – A great alternative to traditional marketing – QR codes can be used on social media as well as printed materials. From ecommerce to B2B, from car dealerships to restaurants – QR codes are ubiquitous.
The QR code can enhance any brand’s digital strategy. No matter who your target customer is, every consumer appreciates the ability to find relevant information with the ease of pulling out their mobile device, especially now.
DCatalog provides all the tools you need to conquer COVID and be successful. If you would like to learn more about QR codes and how to generate them in seconds from our publishing platform or any tools in our platform, contact one of our Publishing Executives today.